The multidisciplinary breast cancer care pathway automatically collects the ICHOM standard set for breast cancer as well as the DICA breast cancer indicator set. On top of these outcome sets, the pathway ensures remote patient monitoring on treatment side effects during systemic treatment and shortly after surgery. Tailored information to the patient is included throughout the care journey based on their individual care pathway variant. Side effects are being monitored by using the PRO CTCAE item bank including physiological and psychological side effects. When thresholds are met, tips to deal with side effects are either sent to the patient in case of low or mild severity or to the specific care team member in case of moderate to high severity. The multidisciplinary team members use Awell to coordinate and organize care around the patients.
The pathway includes all major treatment modalities including chemotherapy, immunotherapy, radiotherapy, hormonal therapy, surgery and the main combined strategies such as neoadjuvant and adjuvant treatment.
A PREMs questionnaire (patient-reported experience measure) is also collected at several points in the pathway in order to provide additional context on the experience of the patients, besides the patient-reported outcomes collected throughout.
Ready to use this pathway in your team’s workflow?
From diagnosis to 10 years after treatment
- Standardized breast cancer pathway variations
- ICHOM breast cancer standard set
- DICA breast cancer indicator set
- Weekly PRO-CTCAE questionnaire to monitor side effects before, during and right after treatment
- Alerts to the relevant caregivers when side effects occur
- Dynamic tips on how to self-manage side effects sent to patients
- Information brochures about breast cancer, therapies, catheter, etc
- PREMs questionnaire (Mammacare)